About Me

I'm a ranch dressing aficionado. I started Ranch Out for the good for others: seeking the restaurants serving the finest homemade ranch, as well as the establishments which choose to insult their customers by providing ranch bottled by a manufacturer.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Outback Steakhouse

G'day mates! I went home over Easter weekend and was absolutely craving some Aussie Cheese fries. Anyone who knows me understands the importance of this appetizer in my life. I was first introduced to the 2900 calorie, 182 grams of fat, 240 grams of carbohydrates delight my junior year of high school. My Nana (the best cook I know) had hurt her back in the garden on Saturday morning, so she was unable to cook a traditional Easter Sunday meal for the family. So, instead of hastily thorwing a meal together, the family decided to go to good ol' Outback in Anderson, SC. I have been to MANY Outback's across the country, but none can beat this establishment. The manager Gary Durkee does an amazing job of running his Outback like a well-oiled machine. Wonderful service, and to top it off, their food is better than any Outback that I've ever been to. Their cheese fries are my absolute favorite indulgence. And if you didn't already guess, this preference in food can be credited to the ranch which accompanies the artery clogging meal.Outback's ranch is a little thicker than the ranch that I usually like, but this ranch is the exception to my ranch rule that "runny is better." Their ranch also differs in its coloring, taking on a more eggshell/cream shade as opposed to white. Whatever Outback is doing, they're doing it right. Hand down they have the best ranch of any chain restaurant in America. Outback's ranch dressing is the perfect compliment to the bacon and cheese covered crispy fries. Gary made a quick stop by our table to make sure everything met our expectations. While there, he informed me that Outback makes the ranch fresh daily, and that if I liked it so much, they would gladly bottle me some for $5!!!! Umm, yes please! And oh yeah, Outback's ranch = 5 out of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment