About Me

I'm a ranch dressing aficionado. I started Ranch Out for the good for others: seeking the restaurants serving the finest homemade ranch, as well as the establishments which choose to insult their customers by providing ranch bottled by a manufacturer.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Ruth's Chris

Hey fellow Ranchers! Sorry I haven't posted in a while! It's been insanely busy at work, and to my extreme disappointment, I haven't gotten to enjoy much ranch! This past weekend I was invited to a wedding in Birmingham, Alabama. The groom's family generously provided all of the wedding party with rooms at the Embassy Suites, and all meals were taken care of too. Free meals and lodging was such a thoughtful gesture; I quickly came to terms with the fact that my beloved condiment wouldn't be served at such a fancy smancy affair. Indeed, no ranch was served at the wedding. Luckily for me, the combination of booze, fancy footwork, and fireworks (they were incredible by the way) made post reception-ers hungry for some late night munchies. Conveniently located in our hotel was a Ruth's Chris restaurant, so most of the wedding guests sat down in the bar to enjoy some appetizers and drinks (the party is NEVER over). Someone offered me a shoestring fry (salty, crispy, and delicious) but I couldn't indulge myself until I had a saucer of chilled ranch alongside it. The bartender (Kevin I believe) was wonderful and gladly fetched me some. I was not in love at first sight with the ranch he presented me. Although it was a nice shade of white and the herbs had a vibrant green color, I was a little put off by the thickness of it. Typically good, homemade ranch has a runny consistency, but Ruth's Chris was able to discredit this rule. The ranch was UNBELIEVABLE. Not only did I eat the fries I had ordered, but I found some leftover fries that our party had left behind so that none of the ranch went to waste. If that wasn't embarrassing enough, when I took the saucer up to my room later that evening, I had nothing else to dip so I just licked the ranch right off my fingers. Ruth's Chris, I'm extremely impressed. I must warn other rancholics though, my tastebuds could've been a little off that evening...Ranch Out would've gladly charged me with an R.U.I. (Ranch Under the Influence). I think my actions in my hotel room make it pretty clear though, this ranch was finger-licking good! Bama did not disappoint. 5 out of 5 stars! 

2 comments: