About Me

I'm a ranch dressing aficionado. I started Ranch Out for the good for others: seeking the restaurants serving the finest homemade ranch, as well as the establishments which choose to insult their customers by providing ranch bottled by a manufacturer.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Islander

The local watering hole. Every small town has one...and in Pendleton, SC the watering hole is most certainly The Lazy Islander (unless you are a biker babe...in that case The Twisted Spoke is your go-to). More commonly known as simply, "The Islander", this place has it all. Cheap booze, karaoke on weekends, and a heck of a good time. As mentioned in my previous post I LOVE karaoke, so if the ranch is good then I might as well move in because I'd never want to leave! On a recent visit home some friends and I decide to go fetch some drinks and sing a little karaoke. All of them know about Ranch Out and insisted that I get a plate of fries with some ranch so that I could make a new post. Little did I know, the fries Brittany ordered were no ordinary fries. The potatoes were jazzed up by being fried once, then covered in hot sauce and fried again for that extra crunch. BINGO! These paired with some homeade ranch could arguably be called "The Holy Duo". The cooling effect of the ranch compliments these spicy french fries perfectly. Add a Coors Light to the mix...Woah! I thought the ranch was great...thin consistency, cold temperature, nice coloring. Only complaints I have is the 1)the minuscule serving, and 2)a slightly sour aftertaste (let me stress the slight, only someone with my acute ranch tasting skills would even notice. I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting the upstate, and the ranch too. 4.1 out of 5 stars. 

1 comment:

  1. The ole watering hole comes through with the best fries and a nice tasty ranch to go along with it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete